List of 'Saved Views' and Slideshow

DomC

Hi

I just work on a script, that let us jump to the next saved view in alphabetical order. (I know Vectorworks Remote could do that)

First Problem: Handle the saved views by script (I tried with ID, Parent etc. and failed). Thanks to Pat Standford (My Hero) which found a solution with vs.FIn3D :-)

https://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=118441

Second Problem:

The saved views are stored in the order they was created. Here Python scripting is showing one advantage. We can beatifully sort list with python.

#Python code to create list
h=vs.FIn3D(vs.GetObject('Darstellungen'))# International Version "saved views"

views=[]

while h != None:
name=vs.GetName(h)
views.append(name)
h=vs.NextObj(h)	
views.sort() # Sorts the list alphabetically

An extended Version. It maintains a Text Block inside the document which acts as a counter in the document. Because after execution the script can't remember the last saved view. Maybe there is a more smarter way by using a hidden record or something like this. I am not familiar with that.

#Python code to create list, grab and change the named(Info Palette Data field) text block and call up the saved view
h=vs.FIn3D(vs.GetObject('Darstellungen'))# International Version "saved views"

views=[]

while h != None:
name=vs.GetName(h)
views.append(name)
h=vs.NextObj(h)	
views.sort() # Sorts the list alphabetically

zähler=vs.GetObject('zähler') #Handle to the text block
Darstellung=vs.GetText(zähler) #Read Text
index=views.index(Darstellung) #Check on which index of the list (of the sorted list) this view is stored

if index < len(views)-1:  # -1 it's because len counts from 0 I think
vs.SetText(zähler, views[index+1]) #Change the Text block to the next saved view
vs.Message(index)

if index+1 == len(views):
vs.SetText(zähler, views[0]) #Starts from the beginning

vs.ResetObject(zähler)

vs.VRestore(Darstellung) #call saved View

This hits on an idea to make a slide show, from save views. With an automatically delay. But this is tricky, because it seems to be a feature from scripts, that they do not regenerate views during the script execution. I tried out with a Dialog Box. That seems to work. But who want's to klick a away a Dialoge Box after every Slide.

I tried to do this this way:

import time
h=vs.FIn3D(vs.GetObject('Darstellungen'))
views=[]
i=0
while h != None:
name=vs.GetName(h)
views.append(name)
h=vs.NextObj(h)	
views.sort()

length=len(views)

def view():
for i in range(length):
	#vs.Message(str(views[i]))
	#time.sleep(0.5)
	#vs.SetZoom(100)
	#vs.SetZoom(50)
	#vs.ReDrawAll
	vs.VRestore(views[i])
	#vs.Wait(1)
return()

view()	

Hi,

first of all, make it a menu command, that way you can store parameters like you can do with tools and objects. Each time it is run, you can store the last saved view in a parameter to get it back the next time.

second, you could add the menu command to your context menu, and that could act like a next button, no? Or assign a shortcut to it. You'll have no dialog boxes, and the slideshow will just run, like a PowerPoint presentation, just not automatic, but a click or button press isn't that bad imho.