Teigha File Converter not found - bug?

bcd

Question

I use dwg viewers infrequently to proof my Vectorworks outputs.

Now I'm seeing the "Teigha File Converter not found" message. Could the VW2016 installation somehow have corrupted, changed or moved the Teigha File Converter that these viewers are used to seeing. Currently I haven't found a single dwg - exported from VW or otherwise that the viewers can open.

8 answers to this question

Does the viewer you are using support the dwg version you are exporting to? This is the most common reason for viewers not being able to open a dwg file.

That being said, it could be that the Teigha converter in VW2016 is newer than the one used by the viewer and if this converter is a shared resource then it is possible that the viewer cannot use the converter as it is too new.

(The Teigha libraries have recently been updated)

You could try using the AutoCAD 360 app to see if that can read the dwg export. Can you open it in Draftsight (or Bricscad/Ares Commander demo)?

Edited by Art V
Thanks for the pointers.

Can someone clarify that this dwg is valid in one of the dwg viewers. It was created in VW2016 and exported to dwg 2013+

I can't tell for sure if it has any relevance, but when auditing the drawing it audited 123 objects but found no errors.

When auditing an empty drawing it finds 108 objects.

In both cases purge said there are no objects to be purged.

Considering that there is only one object in your drawing, it does not explain where the remaining 14 objects are coming from.

In another dwg based program the difference is 124 for your drawing vs 117 for an empty drawing, but no errors either.

One thing, the top left corner is at 0,0,0 is this correct? If not then this may be something to look at for support.