Just upgraded to Vectorworks 2016 and ran into something weird

So I just upgraded to Vectorworks 2016 and ran into something weird when using some of the tools. When I use the wall tool, truss tool, or drape tool (might be more but those are the ones I use all the time) I can't hit the tab button to edit the length. When I do it deselects the tool. I used to use the tab button all the time in Vectorworks 2015 when I knew the exact length I needed. Has the hot button changed or do I just have to draw it and edit the length of the object in the object info palette.

Edited by Hugh Greenland

This sounds like a bug previously reported over at the Spotlight forum which affects a variety of Vw2016 tools. Apparently they're investigating & working on a fix:

2016 Spotlight Truss Tool Issue

Description of the bug over at that thread:

We found that all Vectorscript based tools have the keyboard issue described above. Basically the Vectorworks thinks you are activating a shortcut key rather then entering data into the floating data bar. We are investigating the issue.