Floating plant count datum while installing multiple plants

JGraber

Question

As I am using the plant tool I'd like to be able to see how many plants I currently have placed on the design. So when I am clicking and placing multiple shrubs in a bed at like there to be a floating datum box or something in the resource browser that shows I have currently placed '5' shrubs for instance and it will increase or decrease until I double click to complete the plant placements. This would also be helpful when doing a planting line.

3 answers to this question

Do you want a count of all plants of a certain type in the entire drawing, or just for the session in which you are placing them?

If the former it may slow down Vectorworks noticably if you have lots of plants of a particular kind as it would need to recalculate the number every time you will be placing a plant of that kind.

Basically, I want VW to count the number of plant objects that I am placing with the current plant tool session. Sometimes I'll have 20 plants in a row, but I want 21 to keep an odd number then I end up counting all of the plant outlines to figure out how many I have, instead, if there was just a small floating box near the plant tool that is showing how many plant objects are about to be placed it would be so much easier.