Multipage Worksheets

tsw

Is there a way to display a worksheet across multiple sheet layers?

I've generated a report from object records that has hundreds of unique entries. I'd like each page to display the worksheet header followed by as many rows as will fit on that sheet. The next sheet should repeat the header and pick up where the last one left off.

Thanks for any suggestions for how to go about doing this!

Would like to see this also

When we do Tree Reports using Existing Tree Tool if we have lots of trees and are using say Landscape A4 Sheets we can only really fit in 30 or so trees on each page

Now we use location polys or layers to isolate collectible data

We need a simpler way

D

Thanks, glad I wasn't missing some obvious setting at least!

Too bad there isn't a way to simply display a range of cells in a particular instance of a worksheet. For example, you could set a placed worksheet to display rows 1-60, another 61-120, etc.

For now, I've placed the worksheet on a Design Layer with a Sheet Layer viewport cropped to the rows I want to display. It sort of works, but if the row heights change at all (from adding an entry that wraps to a new line) then I get a row half cut off.

• 4 months later...
Thanks, glad I wasn't missing some obvious setting at least!

Too bad there isn't a way to simply display a range of cells in a particular instance of a worksheet. For example, you could set a placed worksheet to display rows 1-60, another 61-120, etc.

For now, I've placed the worksheet on a Design Layer with a Sheet Layer viewport cropped to the rows I want to display. It sort of works, but if the row heights change at all (from adding an entry that wraps to a new line) then I get a row half cut off.

This is how I've been dealing with this situation.

I thought, this is messy - must learn how to do this properly...there must be a way of doing this - at least, maybe in the latest release even if not in VW2011 (which I'm using at present).

So a bit of searching brought up this thread - and the answer seems to be, no, there is no tidy way of doing this, even in the latest, supposedly BIM-tastic version of VW.

Is it unreasonable to feel this is a pretty basic capability to be missing?

If I'm trying to move towards a way of working where as much info as possible is contained within the drawing and associated databases, this kind of thing really saps any faith that sticking with Vectorworks is going to make this easy.

I can create databases and spreadsheets...but only up to a size that will fit on whatever printed page area I happen to be using? Unless I want to mess around with cropped views which as tsw points out above, are liable to go awry whenever extra rows are added. Really?

My workaround is to create multiple worksheets.

Duplicate your worksheet and modify the criteria for the primary sort column. A > and/or < function will usually do the trick in limiting the number of rows. Then you create more worksheets with different criteria ranges until you have the entire data set covered. Place them side by side on a sheet layer, or whatever.

This way the breaks are at logical places in the data, but not even page sizes. So leave some space for each to grow!

It's a pain to do this, but until we get a paging function it's the best bet.