Viewport Class Settings not Working

Viewport class settings are being overridden by the current settings in the navigation palette. If a class is supposed to be on in the viewport but I turn it off on the navigation palette the objects on that class disappear. The setting in the viewport object info does not change, the class still shows there that it should be turned off. The inverse is true also, if a class is supposed to be turned off in a viewport and I turn it on, it turns on in the viewport, so I am unable to even just turn all the classes on to get the correct objects to appear.

Closing and restarting Vectorworks temporarily fixes the issue, but it keeps randomly popping up from time to time. We generally don't catch it until we print and then realize that we have to go back and check all the viewport settings. Total workflow killer right now.

Edited by JoshW

I notice that Class Visibilities of Classes/Layers for Viewports,

done by VW 2016 Organisation Palettes Visibility Mode,

were not completely done for all viewports.

I had to correct some of them manually later by selecting and

correcting visibilities by OIP.

(But my Viewports currently are potentially broken though)

But can't SLVPs be set to have a similar behavior ?

(As I don't really understand what their class options at the bottom really mean - fixed or not)

Are you talking about the SLVP Class options which say "Use embedded design layer viewport settings..."?

I believe that's only applicable when a SLVP is looking at a DLVP. These checkmarks determine which viewport's class settings take precedence.

Beyond that I don't think you can make a SLVP listen to the Navigation Palette's visibility settings like you can with a DLVP.

OK.

I also thought I could not use SLVP's because I always expand/change my Classes.

But since I understand how Organization Palette works in "Visibility" Mode I'm

fine with SLVP's.

(Beside it is currently not reliably working for me here)

Edited by zoomer