Have to use Force select everytime

Working in VW Spotlight 16 and any symbol i place works fine at first, but when ever i change layers and then back i can only select by using force select. Even if i force select it, if i click off it, without changing layers or class i hav to force select it again.

Any ideas?

I had a similar behaviour last days until I noticed that I had opened an extrude and was still working within that extrude-definition.

So if this behaviour occours check the following:

- maybe you did simply set the class of your symbol to invisible

- maybe you did set a class invisible the affects parts within your symbol

- maybe you are not working on a design layer but within a symbol definition, an extude or a solid addition/substraction or similar.

Hope this hepls. :)

Everytime I found any severe Bugs in VW concerning any strange access problems of geometry,

In the end, I always had to admit that it was just my setting of Class/Layer visibility/acces options

that I have overseen.

:)

You can edit the Symbol either from Ressource Browser or by double clicking a Symbol in the drawing.

In Symbol editing Mode you can access all included geometry like your normal geometry.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

^ This is my suggestion as well.

However, you can also quickly confirm what classes the object has within it by force selecting it, then copy/pasting it into a new document by itself, then checking the class list to see what new classes have appeared.