Worksheet to Autocad

In our experience with MiniCad and VectorWorks, worksheets cannot be exported to DWG/DXF. there is no way to make them symbols, ungroup or explode them, so they don't export. At first we found this problematic, we wanted to impress the DWG user with our schedules. We also use worksheets for legends, too. But since our consultants don't have any use for the schedules, its not a problem for us. We NEVER give out DWG's of our files too clients- we own the drawings.

You can create a PDF of the schedules and send that along. We use PDF's for sending to our plot service, to consultants, and to clients. They can print but can't modify the drawings, which is real good for architects.

It is a weakness of the worksheet tool, i'll admit that.

You can also export a worksheet as a text file and send it as an additional document with the exported file.

They can then open the exported worksheet as a document in Word or any other text or database application that can recognize .txt files in tab delimited format.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a note, you CAN make a symbol of a worksheet. Make your worksheet show on your drawing, select that instance, and make a symbol of it. This symbol can be work group referenced. I do it to put a door sched. on a different sheet than the floor plan, or to reference a sched. to more than one project. A minor annoyance is that when you open the referencing doc., you need to confirm replacement of the worksheet.

You can also make your worksheet show on your drawing, copy that instance, and Paste As Picture, tho' I dont know if that picture will export to DXF/DWG.

[ 04-23-2003, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Antone Cepernich ]