Disappearing Title Block

dancraig

Question

Hey all,

Odd one: when I update the data in a title block, the title block disappears.

The Obj Info tab still has the settings for the title block showing, suggesting it's still there but not visible.

I'm not making any changes to the classes or formatting, just updating the data.

I've tried removing the title block completely and re-adding it, but the problem re-occurs.

Any help gratefully received.

Dan

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello all,

@Kevin McAllister, I do not think that this is a problem with TBBs specifically, as there seems to be other objects disappearing too.

Are there any certain steps that are causing the TBBs to disappear 100% of the time? If so, could you share them so that we could investigate this?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1

Thanks for the followup!

8 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

I do not think that this is a problem with TBBs specifically, as there seems to be other objects disappearing too.

Too early to tell. I've only had TBBs disappear in VW2020. Most of the other sheet layer issues seem to be resolved so far.

8 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Are there any certain steps that are causing the TBBs to disappear 100% of the time? If so, could you share them so that we could investigate this?

If I can find a reproducible version of this I will most definitely bug submit it. So far its been quite random.

Kevin

• Like 2
On 10/2/2019 at 7:28 PM, grant_PD said:

I often have TBB's disappear.  When I hover over them, I can seem them highlight.  If I grab them and pull them a bit, they come back.  

On 5/23/2020 at 3:53 AM, andrewgreenwk@hotmail.com said:

Hi all i'm currently have this issue as well 

Hi, i dont know when will this issue gonna resolved. What happened to me now is sometime the title block do not appear and sometime the title block is not at the correct position on sheet. What i did is open the page setup, and simply press enter without changing any setting and the title block will be good. It sort of refreshing the file memory, i dunno😅. Hope this helps.

Edited by Acip79

Yep.  Happening to me about 50% of the time I go to one of my Sheet Layers.  The Title Block seems to still be there, if you click on a part of it.  If I double-click, open and close the subsequent dialog box, the block appears again.  Keeps happening.  Multiple files,  VW2020 SP4.   Usually, when it happens, all of my sheets are affected.   So far, it still shows up when I Publish.   Amazing this is going on for 6 years.   What the hec??

A couple of tests you can do.

Make sure the titlesheet border does not contain any text fields defined by text styles, including by class.

We found this was one of the main reasons the sheet moved in 2022.

If you are using the 'Architect.sta' templates by Vectorworks, stop and create your own templates.

We found that when files are linked via referencing, 'old' invisible VW titlesheet record formats were conflicting with our new titlesheet library with it's ISO19650 compliant fields, and the titlesheet would move, or data would be deleted.

And finally, right click on sheet border style, and locate in resource manager.  Right-click and check plugin options.  Check the default class used.

Edited by shorter