Bending pipes........

Im going crasy trying to figure out how to bend pipes in VW 10.1.0!

Im kind of a rookie in cad-using, so if anyone could tell me how it?s done i would be very happy!

I?m altso having seriuos problems with unwanted black tiles/stripes on my textures when converting drawings from VectorWorks 10.1.0 to Artlantis. Anyone know what to do?

Thanks!! [Confused]

If you have custom pipes you can draw a curved line, or use the "Compose" command to join straight and curved lines. in the shape pipe you need. Next draw a circle the diameter of your pipe. Select both the circle and the curve or composed line and perform an "extrude" along path from the 3d pull down menu. The new 3d "pipe" will form on the base of your xyz axis so if it was drawn in front view it will drop out of sight until you locate it.

With Artlantis, you don't export textures out of Vectorworks, just solid background colors. Also the view window in the Artlantic program is optimised to allow instantaneous viewing of changes. That optimised window is in low resolution which does sometimes appear a bit jaggy when applying textures in Artlantis. When you render the view and then open the rendered file and adjust the dpi & print size in a program like PhotoShop, it will print smooth. Don't print directly from Artlantis.

[ 04-03-2003, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Bryan ]

Thanks Bryan!

You saved the day!

Conserning Artlantis, it?s not a printing-problem.

I gett black "tiger-stripes" on my textures, mostly on symbols. It?s not related to light or cameraposition, i?v checkt that, it feels like it could have something with the converting to do. Butt i dont know.......

Thanks for the help mate!