Worksheet cell total count??

I have no clue what i should name this topic!

Here we go, I have symbols with a single record attached.

within the record there are 5 fields that are for a length breakdown

ex. b1, b2, b3, b4, b5

typically i will but the lengths needed in each cell

ex.

b1=100

b2=100

b3=50

b4=25

b5=0

That being said i have a worksheet that has criteria to look for the 'record being present' Record name is 'Cable'

Then add ('Cable'.'b1')+('Cable'.'b2')+('Cable'.'b3')+('Cable'.'b4')+('ANW'.'b5')

Then sort and sum that column.

The solution i am getting is not ideal, it is add up the number of occurrences that it see the total added length.

EX. =275

I am trying to solve how many time '100' or '50' or '25' occurs within the range of cells. The result I am looking for is;

25=1

50=1

100=2

i have has success with this in a singe record/field, but not trying to total up a range of record/fields

Did i over think it, or do i need to do a database for each record/field (b1, b2, b3, b4, b5) Then a separate database looking to those results to total up??

Or do i need to get really wordy and specify the Record Name & Field Value?

I was hoping it would auto populate whatever length is in the field value.

Thanks in advance,

Drew

Edited by chstech

I don't think there is an easy solution as you would have using excel. Keeping that in mind wouldn't it be easier to create a worksheet showing each length in a seperate column and porting it into excel ?

On the other side you can create a separate if(.a1 == 25)... criteria for each field or you use a script to print the data instead.

I think you could use Count(criteria), using the 'set criteria' function on the Datbase header cell.

Example from Worksheet Functions : Vw2015 Online Help:

Database header cell:

=Count

(returns the total number of objects for each row in the database)

Spreadsheet cell:

=Count(s='simple sofa')

(returns the total number of symbol objects named “simple sofa” in the drawing)

See these related posts for further info on using Count with 'set criteria':

seating layout question

Vectorworks 2014 Symbol Count?

Count Function and And Function

Or take a look at this thread that recommends using a Report instead of worksheet:

Counting Symbols in a Worksheet

rDesign,

Not needing to add 'Count' function since i am using a database looking to the record.

I have success with totaling the unique values within each record/field using the database

=('Cable'.'b1') then pull the 'Sum' over the database, add 1 to the next cell to get the qty

I am not having any luck with totaling the unique values within each record/field for a range ('Cable'.'b1')+('Cable'.'b2')+('Cable'.'b3')+('Cable'.'b4')+('Cable'.'b5')

No worries, appreciate the help. I am just looking for a little more than what i think VW is capable of right now without doing a lot of 'put info here' and then have the worksheet look to multiple database counts to total up.

And thanks for pointing me to James's post!

Edited by chstech