Symbol with record default not there, but verified - Help!

I have a number of symbols that have a single record attached. one of the records field s is 'Name' i have confirmed that it is attached, and when editing the 2d symbol, and it is not selected, i can access the defaults within the record for that symbol.

when i insert the symbol into my drawings, the default that i created does not come in. i have checked that it is correct in the resource browser, and that it is setup the same way as other symbols, but no go, no workie!!

any ideas of what is wrong? Never had an issue like this yet

VW2015

Are you positive that you are editing the Symbol Definition and not a Symbol Instance?

Deselect everything in the drawing.

Right Click on the Symbol Definition in the Resource Browser. Select Edit 2D Component

Change the record fields to what you want the defaults to be.

Exit the Symbol.

Insert a new copy of the symbol. The record should show the new values you put in the default record.

Symbols previously inserted will not take on the new default values.

Pat i have tried it!! it is only this field in the record of one symbol that will not take. The other symbols are good.

What is weird is that when i go back and edit the symbol to fix the record, the info is there.

Just not sure why it will not come into the drawing correctly

Edited by chstech

Create a new blank file. Import the symbol definition into the new file.

Edit the defaults and insert a symbol. Do the new defaults show up.

Edit the defaults again and create a mother symbol instance. Does this have the new data?

This can help determine if it is the symboll or the file that has the problem.

Is it possible the data you are trying to enter as the new default contains illegal characters so it is not being stored? What storyens if you change the default to something different?

Pat tried all that. it is weird, again, its only one symbol out of 5 that have the same record attached. no illegal characters. I have tried to change the default field value and still have an issue.

The default value does however carry forward into the new drawing, but is not shown within each symbol.

Edited by chstech