moving walls- VW 10

hi-

a quick question- how do I move walls without stretching others? i.e. if I want to move a wall that is joined to another, how do I make VW 10 behave in the same way as VW 9? I did a quick scan of the manual, but couldn't find any documentation of this change.

We've been grouping the walls in order to remove them from others... the extra step is a bit annoying, I was wondering if there is a way around this.

thanks-

mgt

Click on the 2d selection Tool.

There is a mode called "enable connected walls mode".

Turn that off by clicking on it.

With this off, when you move a wall, the joined wall will not move with it.

This thread has me a bit confused.

In VW 10.1.0, I just moved a wall, and it did not stretch the wall it was joined to, so I don't understand the original question.

Also, when I choose the 2D selection tool, there is no mode for "Enable connected walls". My selection tool only displays four modes, "interactive scaling", "wall insertion", "rectangular selection", & "lasso selection".

So I guess I do not understand the response to the question either.

Is this feature in the base prorgram, or is it perhaps in the Architect module only?

Thanks,

PeterT

Peter, look at the top of your screen with the 2D selection tool active. On the right of the "mode" bar you will see a little icon that looks like a pair of tables, one faint, with an arrow on the right. Clicking this on and off enables the ability to move a connected wall, dragging all wall connections with your move. This only works when you drag with the mouse. It doesn't work with the move command.

I'm still not seeing it. I have only four icons in my mode bar, the ones I already mentioned.

Where is this little pair of tables icon?

On my mode bar, to the right of the lasso icon is the mode description text string, and to the right of that, the mode bar is blank all the way to the right edge of the window.

Are we all talking about the 2d selection tool in the VectorWorks base application version 10.1.0 running on a Mac version OS 10.2.4? That is my configuration.

I have thrown away my 2d selection tool twice now in the Workspace Editor and re-insrtalled a new one, and still, only four modes.

Does this mode choice only appear under certain conditions, or is it supposed to be there all the time?

Since my mode bar looks exactly the way it looks in the description of the 2D Selection Tool on page 79 of the VW 10 user guide, I will assume that my tool is correct , and that everyone else magically has an extra mode.

[ 04-04-2003, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: PeterT ]