Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Marionette Introductory Tutorials

PVA - Admin

Great, thanks for that, and I have answered my own question about the Splay offset in the Curb Profile. Simply offsets the bottom Poly to give the slope to the Kerb of the sidelight. Sorry didn't follow it right through the network.

Thanks again

Also the "Set as Hole Cutting Obj" I think I understand this. This is the hole cut in the slab (Slab Thickness 300mm) when you convert this to a symbol and insert in a roof (PIO) etc, but the "Parent POI handle", is this the PIO that you are inserting the symbol into. So it take whatever PIO you are inserting it into and cuts the hole. Roof, Slab Wall etc?

Sorry for all the Noob questions.

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alan,

"Parent POI handle" is probably getting the handle of the Marionette object it self. In the network that defines a Marionette object it is sometimes necessary to get the handle of the object. In this case it is assigning the hole cutting geometry to the skylight object. Let me know if that does not make sense.

• 7 months later...
33 minutes ago, Alan Woodwell said:

If you are looking for anything that was posted just ask I may have it as I collected most.

Thanks for the offer.

Looking for guides on two things:-

1) Connecting to or reacting to an object already in the file. Specially a Roof Face but general guide would would be a great start.

2) Best way to allow user class selection. Has the community come up with a best practice for classing in Marionette objects to get a similar look and feel?

Anything that can nudge me in the right direction would be appreciated.

• 2 years later...
On 12/11/2015 at 6:19 PM, sbarrett said:

On 11/3/2015 at 4:09 PM, sbarrett said:

Hello all - if there are specific nodes that people are having trouble using or certain types of definitions people are looking to make, we could use suggestions for the next tutorial. Topics could be, for example: 3D/Solid geometry, referencing and searching documents, an in-depth look at the Data Flow nodes, etc. Feel free to let us know what you want more of!

Hi there, 

Some Tutorial about how use nodes to place Symbols and Change IT with other Symbols and linking the Parameters Into this Red Symbols would be fine. 🙂

I'm looking for info on how to (import), I think is the correct word, a marionette. From this website page, at the top it has marionettes made by others, I've downloaded one but can not figure out how to get it in my VW file. Do I import it?  Is a marionette a Plug In, is it a Script? I see how to bring in scripts & Plug Ins into VW but nothing on marionettes. All I see is how to make them & edit them.

Thanks