Include Retaining Wall Site modifier & Hardscape Object with Architect

rDesign

Question

6 answers to this question

This wishlist request is partially fulfilled in Vw2020: The Help File says that ‘Hardscape’ objects are now available in Architect (but ‘Retaining Wall’ Site Modifiers are still only available in Landmark / Designer).

Having ’Hardscapes’ in Architect is a welcome addition, and coupled with the new Hardscape align mode, hopefully this will make warping driveways easier to model accurately in 3D. Thank you!

Edited by rDesign
  • Like 3

I'm adding my voice to this request.  The retaining wall site modifier is still not included in VW Architect 2021.  

Retaining walls that are part of the architectural scope of work are such a common need, that this should be included in VW Architect.  

I would think that this is entirely a business decision & not a technical one, though I don't understand what the point is.  This is the only tool in Landmark that I have any interest in, and there's zero chance that I will be upgrading to Design series just to get it.  I'm guessing most architects are in the same position, so this is downgrading the functionality of the program with little upside for VW in terms of increased sales.  Anyone from VW management on the forum who can respond/confirm?

Fingers crossed for 2022.  

• Like 4