• Announcements

• JimW

How to use the Wishlist   09/21/2016

Create a new post here, stating both what you would like to see added to Vectorworks or it's supporting systems and web pages and why you would like that change made. If you see an idea you like, press the ^ arrow to the left of the post's title to promote that idea or feel free to comment on that idea with any additional considerations or concerns you may have. 
rDesign

Include Retaining Wall Site modifier & Hardscape Object with Architect

Question

The title pretty much describes it - I wish that the 'Retaining Wall Site Modifier' & 'Hardscape Objects' that are included with Landmark would also be included with Architect.

All of my projects are modest single-family homes and typically my projects do not have a Landscape Architect on the design team. Many times I have wanted to use just those two objects, just so that I could more accurately integrate my building into the site model.

It's only fair since Landmark got the Curtain Wall tool (?) and I can't remember any Landscape Architect I have ever worked with needing to use a curtain wall tool. ;)

4 answers to this question

+1

I like the "complete" only 1 Version Apps more anyway.

Maybe 2 Versions, light and complete ...

+1

I like the "complete" only 1 Version Apps more anyway.

Maybe 2 Versions, light and complete ...

Yes - The when modules were introduced, it seemed more like Vectorworks was trying to be just like "other software" with modules rather than addressing some need of the user base.

-B

Submitting request now.

Personally I'd like to see just Fundamentals and Designer as the two options, Renderworks bundled into both, If not just a single package for everyone. But I know there are price point issues and market placement to be concerned with.

On 10/14/2015 at 5:58 PM, JimW said:

Submitting request now.

Personally I'd like to see just Fundamentals and Designer as the two options, Renderworks bundled into both, If not just a single package for everyone. But I know there are price point issues and market placement to be concerned with.

Jim, has anything been done about including Retaining Walls in the Architect version of VWs? I'm on 2017 and can find any menu commands.

It's crazy I can create a site model and add site modifiers but a retaining wall isn't one of these!

Thanks in advance.