Copy Saved Views?

Working on a project and anticipating a file update soon.

I have done a lot of work on separate layers of current drawing, When I get the update I plan to 'copy' my design layers into the new drawing and then use LightWrite to import/export all lighting data i have modified.

I haven't figured a good way to 'copy' over Saved Views or Sheet Layer/Viewports

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Drew

Wouldn't it be easier to just open the file in VW2016 or is there a specific reason you need to copy it in a new drawing? (Assuming you mean with get the update you mean the update to VW2016)

If I understood correctly, you cannot copy saved views to a new file.

Art, it is a design revision not a 2016 file. The project has 12 people drafting different area/departments, and none of them are 2016, i am also waiting for SP1 to fix some bugs.

Kevin, I am not sure what changes will have been made, lighting alone has 1000 plus fixtures and the lead designer will have made other changes that will not let me abandon the new updated file.

Can I use references to bring in my saved views and sheets?

Saved views is a problem but sheet layer viewports is not a problem, just need to trick the computer. Group your all your viewports on a sheet layer and copy, then paste in place in your new file on a sheet layer, ungroup and your viewports are there. All you then need to do is to re-link the design layers and they reappear as before.

Just make sure you paste in place all your information as your previous file otherwise your viewport wont see the information as you have moved it.

HTH

Edited by Alan Woodwell