Strange anomaly with "convert to area light"

Coombed

Hi all,

I have been banging my head on my desk all day with this issue. I am trying to create backlit lettering with a nice glow. I have the objects (text converted to poylines and extruded) and I have a duplicate set of extruded lettering which I converted to "Area Light", The idea is the light source sits behind the solid lettering and in theory, I should get a glow around the perimeter of the solid lighting (light source is a few mm back). What I am actually getting is something that resembles Christmas lights. As nice as this is, this isn't what I want. (See attached pic!)

Link to VWX file (2016).

Project.VWX (Google Drive)

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Duncan

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the suggestion about the Glow Texture. I found that post earlier in the day and tried to get that to behave but had no luck whatsoever. I created a glow texture and applied it to the rear face of the extruded letter and left a 3mm gap between the letter and a solid white surtface and got zilch when I rendered it. I have also played around with all of the glow "brightness" settings, ambient light levels, etc and have hit a dead end.

I shall carry on playing until I get something to work.

Thanks

Duncan