SP1 release date?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The volume of issues is actually lower than its been in 4 years (I feel its more like 6 but can only confirm 4 via records), this is just the first year that everything has been publicly discussed and troubleshot here on the forums, both trends I hope to continue.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
anyone care to guess when 2016 SP1 would be released? judging by the volume of issues everyone is having, I'm not installing until then unless NNA wants to mail me a check ahead of time for the impending loss of revenue ...

I would love to see comments from any canaries that have taken the plunge into El Capitan.

Probably a question that Jim can't answer, but Jim, is there any sense of how long it might take to crank out the first service pack for 2016 to get some nominal El Cap compatibility?

Hello - it's that time of year again!

Any more news on whether either 2014 or 2015 will work in El Capitan? If not, will there be service patches or are we forced to upgrade to 2016?

More word on this from management:

The reason that our compatibility with OS X 10.11 is delayed is because the final beta seeds that we get from Apple are not always (often not) the same as the release builds that go to the public on launch day.

We are only able to perform the final compatibility checks once the final OS release versions come out, and the service packs for 2016 and 2015 are delayed partly to make these versions both compatible with Windows 10 as well as OS X 10.11.

We have not seen any issues preventing Vectorworks from launching, users are of course in charge of whether they take the plunge early and update to the latest Mac OS right now. But we have seen enough issues that we do not recommend upgrading to 10.11 unless you have a strong and pressing reason for doing so.