Hoist Tool Personalization

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hoist can be displayed by function or manufacturer by setting the Display Hoist By: option in the OIP.

To change any of the default values for all new documents you will need to use the plug-in manager to change the default value.

Select the plug-in then select the parameter you wish to change the default. Click Edit and then change the Default Value.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

What did you name the symbols you created?  I think the rules below need to be followed:

The name must start with word "Hoist", followed by the weight capacity, followed by the manufacturer or function, followed by "Up" or "Down".

The weight capacity must end in the word "Ton".

The manufacturer may be anything, but must match the value in the attached record.

The function may be anything, but must match the value in the attached record.

Feel free to send me an example of your hoist symbols, and I'll see if I can get them to work.

Sam

sjones@autoplotvw.com

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/28/2017 at 3:43 PM, Sam Jones said:

What did you name the symbols you created?  I think the rules below need to be followed:

The name must start with word "Hoist", followed by the weight capacity, followed by the manufacturer or function, followed by "Up" or "Down".

The weight capacity must end in the word "Ton".

The manufacturer may be anything, but must match the value in the attached record.

The function may be anything, but must match the value in the attached record.

Feel free to send me an example of your hoist symbols, and I'll see if I can get them to work.

Sam

sjones@autoplotvw.com

Hi!

I am also adding a few customized symbols into the Chain Hoist base library file, in order to fulfill some requirements of our rigging and subcontract suppliers.

Anything else I should be aware of?

I'm just changing the names and adding a weight load to the custom hoists "name", so that they will populate a "Legend" worksheet.

The issue I'm having is that the Hoist Tool is great for workflow, but I haven't figured out how to put their details into the Worksheet (name, weight, capacity, chain length, etc.)

• Legend is required for our vendors (manufacturer, weight, capacity, department)
  • Hoist tool will only add from the library file
  • Renaming the imported symbols (once they are on the rigging request doc) to properly populate the worksheet to fulfill rigging req's
  • Adding a new hoist on revised doc adds the base symbol again into the resource manager
  • Select new hoists and "Replace..." with custom symbol
  • Recalculate worksheet
  • every event

The solution to me is to just bite the bullet and create new symbols that can be chosen from the beginning, for each department. Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks!

It would be awesome if the tool could allow Symbol selection like the "Insert Truss" plugin...

I typically do not use the hoist tool, but is there a way to display dimensions without the arrows?  Those take up way too much real estate in a complicated or crowded drawing. A simple xxx , yyy coordinate would certainly suffice.

Edited by scottmoore

The X and the The quick answer is no.  However...

You can click on the "Set Hoist Data Display..." button in the OIP of the Hoist and choose to display the X and the Y, but that won't save you much.  To get exactly what you want, I'm afraid your stuck with typing it in.

To a more philosophical thread, a simple xxx, yyy might suffice for you and, that's great, but considering the many different origins one can measure from in most cases, the current display is the most efficient and clear, at least according to the scores of riggers that beta tested it.  Identifying the direction of the origin is crucial and allows different hoists to measure from different places.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...