Roof - eaves (2016)

barkest

Using double-mitre and horizontal-mitre auto gives a facia which cannot be edited.

If I then move my roof and change the eave profile the word mitre changes to miter and half my roof disappears.

Changing the pitch of one roof still leaves a valley between the roofs which is not textured (previous reported bug in 2015).

thanks

Edited by barkest

I've reported this problem to support, but no response so far. I sent file samples for VW 2015 and 2016 for comparison. Please submit your findings, maybe they will get on it sooner.

I have spent a considerable amount of time testing installs, using migration and no migration. Migration isn't the source.

It is a bug and a bad one. When I opened a vw 2015 file it left some eaves double mitred and others were changed to just vertical cut. It's also random, very inconsisent.

I think they went overboard with changes adding the roof components features to the Create Roof tool. I wish they had made a separate tool, and kept the original one as a basic roof creation tool.

I told support I can't use VW 2016 like this, I do a lot of modifications of previous house designs.

Thanks

I've seen the strange eave rendering too. It seems to be another issue.

While in front view raise the roof elevation, and the eave cleans up, but still only a vertical cut.

Support asked for more sample files this morning. Seems to me all they have to do is create a roof in VW 2015 with the double eave cut, and open the file in VW 2016.

Why do some people make things so complicated :-)

Thanks for posting.

I expect there will more.

Update:

Support has acknowledged the problem, it's been sent to software engineering.

Edited by adsDWM