Lighting Symbols to Favorites

davelite

Hello all,

I just downloaded 2016 and have noticed a problem. in 2015 and back, the lighting symbol folder held individual .vwx files for each manufacturer that had all of the fixtures in it. Now, with 2016, the "Objects-Entertainment" folder, not only has individual .vwx files, but folders for the bulk of the companies. When I try to Add favorites files to my Resource Browser, the only ones that are added are the .vwx files outside of the folders. Any .vwx files inside the folders will not be added. I tried to add this folder to my user folders in preferences, and when I drop down the list, it does not contain the folder hierarchy in the objects folder. just list individual files from each of the folders. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks.

David Schulman

davelite@gmail.com

Then why by default installation are the manufactuers separated into separate .vwx files? It worked great before when I only had to choose a Martin.vwx file to add to my favorites. But now Martin is separated across 5 or 6 different .vwx files that not named "Martin-Moving Lights." So when they are added to favorites it just reads "moving lights" for many vendors. Is this by design?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The libraries were divided to support the new Mode Bar Pop-up for the Lighting Instrument and Accessory Insertion tools.

Dividing them into multiple files allows the pop-up to display the symbols in different groups.

The mode bar pop-up allows direct access to the defaults as well as the main object library without the need to load the symbols into the resource browser.

Pity, that the mode bar pop-up doesn't sort symbol folders nor alphabetically neither numerically. It's quite useless when you have a lot of folders.

In my main symbols file (under "favourites") folder hierarchy isn't reflected at all. So it's also useless, unless I change my own symbols to the new VW scheme with several files :-(

Edited by m. daszenies