Marionette tool

For me all these new tools need basic tutorials

I have even followed the original subdivision video with little success it's ok showing all the very fast and slick videos but I still need a basic video to be able to understand all of the functions

This is not a knock just asking for the 2 times table before progressing to the 12 times table

Thanks

i need a starter pack as i have looked at the links and still have no idea where to make a start and how this will benefit my workflow

but thanks for the links

I started to read manual -> Visual Scripting and video > in this post

also i have experience with:

• dynamo for revit
  • mcg for 3dsmax
  • xpresso for c4d
  • houdini

hmm, houdini was once the most parametric 3d character animation application on the market, did it change in those years?

if you compare those tools, i'm curious what can you say about marionette?

rob

hmm, houdini was once the most parametric 3d character animation application on the market, did it change in those years?

if you compare those tools, i'm curious what can you say about marionette?

rob

no-no, it's not only character tool, mostly vfx/fx package(i used it as destruction tool when had freelance work in 2010-2011 years).

I mean it uses node-based editor to create any kind of tools for it, procedural cities, windows and etc.

Edited by Ilay
it was comparable with maya and softimage then. from what i hear it will be interesting in the future.

yes, but let's back to vw and Marionette - it's very helpful addition.

I read somewhere over forum, that why only python drives code. Ok, if we look at net, we can find many additional packages and extensions for python and can extend it:

• numpy and scipy -> i used scipy in GIS(ArcGIS) and Road design(used in topomatic robur); numpy - arrays for volumes...
  • color analysis extensions ... for design, spotlight maybe
  • and etc.

and by nodes we can create scenario of project or part of project -> like mind map

Edited by Ilay

Marionette is a Graphic Scripting Language. Its function is to allow the user to make custom objects to meet their needs without having to learn to script. Marionette Networks are created using Marionette Nodes connected by "wires" to show how the data should flow.

Basically what that means is that you place a number of Marionette Nodes (tiles) in a drawing (normally at 1:1 scale) using the Marionette Tool. Individual Nodes can have inputs (on the left hand side) and outputs (on the right hand side). Not all nodes will have both, but every node will have at least one input or output.

Inputs and outputs are shown on the Node as small circles. Using the Selection Tool, you select a Node and then click and drag from the output node to the input node of the next Node.

Individual Nodes have many different functions. There are nodes to draw objects (lines, circles, rectangles, walls, symbols. etc.) There are nodes to change the attributes of the objects you have created. There are nodes for most of the functions that you can accomplish manually in VW.

I will try to post a movie showing how to build a very simple network later today.