ID Specification Tool

dennisp

I have created a new Plant Record (Plant Recored 2) with symbols from Landmark and symbols i imported from another program I use. These aymbols are attached to records and are in the VL.Resources.mcd and in ID_Symbols.mcd.The ID SPECIFICATION tOOL does not recognize these.

I've tried using the Plant Placement Tool. I entered a new plant entry to the Project Plant List and chose the symbol that I assigned to this plant. This was also not recognized by the ID Spec. Tool.

I used a pre assigned symbol already in Landmark and that was recognized, although it didn't print the label?

I don't really want to use the Plant Placement Tool - would like to select plants through the resources pallet.

Speaking of the ID tool DOes anyone know how to get the tool to use a specific Font. I have been able to get almost every other aspect of Plant mangement to work with Japanese Text except the ID Tool. I was unable to find an explanantion of how to get the Tool to use a certain Font, it persists at using an English only Font so Japanese Text comes out garbage. WInXP PRo Eng. VWLM 9.5

Thanks

Steve

Robert

I find the plant placement tool combursume at best. It does not show the plant symbol at the proper size when placing plants so one does not know how far one is from another plant. It is hard to do large ground cover beds and get the proper spacing between rows, one can not then change to a single plant placement without starting over, therefore the ID tool will not register correctly because the plant symbols will not be in the same group.

Suggestion - How about a road trip by you or someone in charge of Landmark to at least major areas of use by LA's to hold a forum about what improvements are needed to make this a truely superior product. I for one would travel 150 mi to Seattle to participate.

thks wink.gif" border="0