Sheet Border Borders

I am investigating using sheet borders and the issue manager for the frist time. I am building a custom title block.

The issue I am having is that the sheet border object comes with its own page border, and I can not seem to find a way to turn this off. I do not want to have a box around my box around my drawing.

Does anybody know how I can modify this?

Thanks,

Tom

Why would you want to get rid of the page/sheet boundary box?

It doesn't print, and it shows the sheet size in relation to the sheet border... I find it helpful in orienting your drawing to the paper.

Oversizing your sheet will just create a larger gray box. And it might mess up your printing.

This is a puzzling one.

The line is not the page boundary in page setup because its not a black line. Select the sheet border and in the OIP untick Lock to page center and you can move the sheet border off and you can see the two separate lines.

Ungroup the Sheet border and place the border on a new class and set the class pen to none and the inside line disappears but not the outside line. Turn class of and all disappears.

But a workaround is to (with the sheet border on the sheet layer) Click the sheet border on the OIP on the sheet Layer and click the Border settings and change inside dimensions to outside dimensions, then you can set you dimensions so that the border in inside your printed sheet and your other line is outside.

Must be a way to turn that line off????

Edited by Alan Woodwell

This would not be such a big deal except we format for 11x17 and then double up to 22x34 but print on 24x36 - and it just looks weird to have this second printed box printed on all of our drawings.

My workaround is to incorporate the sheet border into the title block symbol and then hide the built in border in the instance of the sheet border object. Not ideal - but with some tweaking - it will work.

Ok, so just use a large boarder size with really big margins.

Format Page for 11 x 17.

Set the Border size to 17 x 23 Outside Dimension

Set the Margins to 3.5 inches on all four sides.

This should give you a really big gap between the outside "page" line and the rest of the border objects. If that is still not enough to not print on the 24 x 36, make the outside dimensions and the margins even bigger.

• 3 years later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
8 hours ago, techdef said:

Interesting... however that seems to turn off grids & Borders too in spite of having them set NOT to use line-weights of titleblock object... 

- @techdef - I have tested this and if I select line weight for the grids & borders they apply correctly, even if the object line type is set to None. Could you send me a test file showing your issues?

Thanks,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1