Object Labels in Multiple Viewports...

JoshW

Question

It would be nice to have the ability to move and or resize the labels for doors, windows, spaces, etc in multiple viewports. Frequently we have an overall plan with door and window tags at one scale (say 1/8"=1'-0") and then we have englarged plans at a larger scale (say 1/2"=1'-0"). If we turn on the labels in the enlarged plan, they are way too big and often conflict with other items in the viewport.

Also it would be nice to have live section viewports.

7 answers to this question

On 9/18/2015 at 8:22 AM, JoshW said:

It would be nice to have the ability to move and or resize the labels for doors, windows, spaces, etc in multiple viewports. Frequently we have an overall plan with door and window tags at one scale (say 1/8"=1'-0") and then we have englarged plans at a larger scale (say 1/2"=1'-0"). If we turn on the labels in the enlarged plan, they are way too big and often conflict with other items in the viewport.

Also it would be nice to have live section viewports.

Has anyone found an answer to this one? I can scale the text inside the id tags via text scale in advanced properties in the obj info, however cannot scale the tag shape size? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks @Alan Woodwell!

Here are some screen shots. 

Image 1 shows no scaling looking good at 1/8" scale

Image 2 shows plan enlarged and no scaling to tags/text

Image 3 shows plan enlarged with scaling on windows looking great, but scaling to wall tags only scales the # and not the bubble shape.

Any ideas? I've tried multiple options for the 'symbol scale' with no luck

59959c1689e47_Image1-greatsizefor1822.png.6a3865cf31c955be03fa42839950eddf.png

59959c1847adc_EnlargedPlan-noscaling.png.5af10a6eabd645068ebc65eda588411f.png59959c1794511_EnlargedPlanwithtextscaling-saleswindowtagsnotwalltags.png.a12a67b1fcdc3eef908432c52a1b2224.png

18 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

This happens with other items as well, Grid Bubbles come to top of mind. I think all of these tags should have the ability to be illustrated at a real world (i.e. print) size in either Point Size, or Height in Imperial or Metric

@Jim Smith, Do you mean there is no way to do this? If so, what do you suggest is a good work around? Only put tags into annotation layer? or have multiple classes for tags of different sizes in the design layer? Thanks!

On 8/17/2017 at 10:00 AM, Jim Smith said:
On 8/18/2017 at 0:48 PM, Jim Smith said:

Well, for Grids our work-a-round is to have multiple viewport on details and scale them down then line them up with the grid line.

@JimSmith Thats a good idea, we may try this. For grid bubbles we currently create a symbol of the grid setup and copy it into the annotation space on viewports of different scales