JoshW

Architectural Elevations

Question

This is not just a Vectorworks issue, this is a "any BIM/3D platform" issue. Can we please get a render mode that will display elevations the way that architects would like them displayed?!

Sketchup has the ability to do this. How can a group of 5 stoners in Colorado figure this out but all the "big boys" fall flat on their faces with it? The 2016 Renderworks features are really nice, Revit when combined with 3DS makes amazing videos and still images that look absolutely life like. ArchiCAD has some great realistic renderings. Not one of these programs can produce a clean crisp working drawing quality elevation with correct lineweights and a progressive depth of field.

Rant over, back to my morning coffee.

• Like 4

Hi Tom, thanks!

Do you know if you an you can individually control fill and pen settings?

I can't find a way to do it.

I want anything that's cut to have a heavy pen weight, but I still want my concrete to have its concrete fill, and my timber framing to have its timber framing fill etc.

In Advanced section properties, the Section plane Attribute options (as far as I can see) don't allow you to keep the original fills while assigning pen settings to a class.

I can give my classes a heavy pen weight via class overrides, keep the original fill in "Section plane", and make all "Objects beyond section plane" have a light pen weight by assigning them to a custom class in "Line style".  Unfortunately this also changes the pen weight and colour of all my hatches (so my corrugated steel walls look the same as my corrugated fibreglass walls for example).

I am hoping there is some way to have separate control of fill and pen styles...