schedules for mixes

edmal

Morning

1. I'm trying to add schedules for a variety of plant mixes on a large site. Note In some I may choose to use the same plant.

I then want within the schedule on the drawing to have mix 1 which may contain say three plants then another line with the header mix 2 and beneath it the details of the plants contained therein.

What I get at the moment is just a list with all the plants together with totalled numbers for each used. Is there a way of building this order in when creating attributes within plant areas?

I hope that makes sense?! I only see one potential way of doing it which will mean going into the schedule and cutting and pasting to some kind of order which will inevitably mean I'll have to count the numbers used for each mix if Ive used the same plant in each.

2. Also how do I move lines within the schedule to get the order right if I have to do the latter to get my mixes reading in order, If I copy and paste and move the numbers don't update if changed in the model ?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

edmal

Edited by edmal

You need to use some extra criteria to differentiate between the different areas.

They could be on separate layers, different classes, or you could even give each planting area a name in the Data tab of the OIP. There are probably other items that would work as well.

Add an extra column to the schedule with a formula to display the differentiating Criteria (=L for layer, =C for class, =N for name)

Next select a row in the database and then drag a SUM tile to the column header for the column you just added. You many need to use an additional SUM tile on column that specifies the plant types to act as an "UNSUM" and get multiple rows for each area.

Let us know if you need more info.

• 1 month later...