Vectorworks 2016 is here, ask us anything!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some nice features, roof components and slab addition and subtraction.

Still no Live Sections and materials/or section attributes via classes.

Why?

No section attribute through class?? And what's that alternate section fill for then on roof components??

You know full well the benefits of system wide user controllable sectional graphic attributes. ;)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I was testing out the Renderworks Camera and received an error message saying the plug-in is missing required resources. Is anybody else having this issue?

Yes, we are pretty sure its an issue with the Migration manager, this should cure it:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/1346/Missing+Tools+after+using+Migration+Manager

Aloha, Jim:

Thank you so much for your tireless help!

A quick question...is there pdf version of the "Vectorworks 2016 Help." It will be useful to me do refer to when I am offline.

I did find the Getting started pdf files.

Thank you so much!

I do not think there is a PDF this year, however the Help will work offline now as well, if you are offline and go to use the Help, it will revert to the local copy in your Vectorworks 2016 folder. This local copy will be updated whenever we release a service pack, as opposed to the online help which gets updated live.

What is the best practice for using Project Sharing when all the users are remote, there is no shared office with a dedicated server. Also the users all have their own licenses and therefore have separate VW cloud services as well.

Cheers,

Rob

Cloud Services wont affect that at all. There would need to be an established central storage location, ideally a proper server that the users could all access and meet the requirements outlined here:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/1341/Project+Sharing+-+FAQ#What are the system requirements for using Project Sharing?

Woohoo

I missed this requested feature

The new physical rendering engine improves the overall quality of renderings, with better effects such as soft shadows, reflections, and other lighting effects.

>> xmb sampler with embree and sa's arnold-, pixar-like renderer to arch.viz!

cool!!!

I do not think there is a PDF this year, however the Help will work offline now as well, if you are offline and go to use the Help, it will revert to the local copy in your Vectorworks 2016 folder. This local copy will be updated whenever we release a service pack, as opposed to the online help which gets updated live.

Aloha, Jim:

That will serve my need! Thanks!

some nice features, roof components and slab addition and subtraction.

Still no Live Sections and materials/or section attributes via classes.

Why?

No section attribute through class?? And what's that alternate section fill for then on roof components??

You know full well the benefits of system wide user controllable sectional graphic attributes. ;)

All should be controlled by classes, setting attributes not by class should be gone, it will make life so much simpler both for the developers and the users and will result in better class systems.

another question:

the assigned serial numbers for the 30-day demo version of the v2016 start with the 'VWEval-20-', afaik this is the serial for the v2015, the v2016 has the number 21, am i right?

thx,

rob

They should be and are on my end. Depending on where you are in the world, your distributor may not have flipped to 2016 yet. Some of the localized versions release a bit later.

I'll see if I can get those, the 4 big flashy (best) videos weren't mine, unfortunately.

I'm not sure that I would use the word "best". I find the other videos "comfortable and personable" while the 4 you describe are a tiny bit "pretentious" for some reason, perhaps the narrators accent or perhaps because they remind me of some other promotional materials out there.....

All of it together is actually a great package and feels very finished.

KM

Linked Detail Callouts:

I love the idea of this, but is there a way to move the linked viewport from one sheet to another without killing the detail tag?

Otherwise, this is a disaster. Somebody could spend time keying a section with linked detail tags - then somebody else - rearranges the detail pages and all the callouts get erased. Am I missing something?