CPU Usage

zeroInf

Hello to all ,

I created a project with vectorworks 2015 (Spotlight) in which I used several pieces of Straight Truss and numerous instruments light (etc, sharpy, robe BMFL, Aleda B-eye, Jarag ..) When I work on design layer all is well (in OPEN GL) but when the move on a sheet layer where I created 9 viewports with various technical details Vectorworks unresponsive for 20/40 minutes, the same happens to me even when I update one of 9 viewport.

The questions are:

How can I prevent this to happen, because in task manager Vectorworks use max 25% (variable) of the power of the CPU?

Why Vectorworks not work at least 80% of the CPU?

Edited by zeroInf
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

What rendering modes are those viewports in?

Also, but unrelated to the issue: Vectorworks will not use all of the cores of your CPU unless it is rendering, OpenGL and actions like geometry redraw are either on the GPU or single core, so the whole CPU will not be active.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Change the render modes of all the viewports to OpenGL and then Update them. Once that completes, is it just as slow or does it seem faster than when they were in the other render modes?

In any case though, make sure to get that file to your local support and have them take a closer look:

http://www.vectorworks.net/international/