Sets for Publishing and Renaming Sheets

Kevin McAllister

Question

9 answers to this question

I agree, only in case of conflicting (i.e. duplicate) names it should show a warning but otherwise it should automatically keep track of things.

The same applies to some extent to design layers and viewports on sheet layers after switching the names of layers, something is not working as I'd like.

Maybe some option to set how things should be tracked, e.g. by name or by hidden ID or something else?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It took me a second but I see what its doing now. Since it uses a combo of the Sheet Number and the Sheet Title as the sheets identifier in the Saved Set, changing the Sheet Number causes VW to pop up an error upon recalling the saved set that it couldn't find the sheet.

However, when I changed the Sheet Name, I did not get an error, but something strange occurred, it loaded the saved set with the correct sheet layers, but was displaying the Sheet Name as it was before I modified it, the old sheet name was no longer visible on the left at all, only the new name. This, unless I am misunderstanding some industry logic on sheet layer naming, doesn't make any sense to me at all.

I think this is half bug half request, submitting them together for now but if only the second half of what i saw is fixed ill file the other as an enhancement request.

While we're talking about the Publish command... it would be nice if in the list of things that can be exported on the lefthand side there were checkmarks for which types of things to display (ie. Sheet Layers vs Saved Views). Currently it shows everything, and you can sort by type, but I never NEVER export saved views so I don't even want them to show up. It would just make it simpler if I could turn them off.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
While we're talking about the Publish command... it would be nice if in the list of things that can be exported on the lefthand side there were checkmarks for which types of things to display (ie. Sheet Layers vs Saved Views). Currently it shows everything, and you can sort by type, but I never NEVER export saved views so I don't even want them to show up. It would just make it simpler if I could turn them off.

Submitting request now.

On 2015-09-27 at 4:24 PM, Kevin McAllister said:

Ugh. This is super frustrating. I often rename or renumber sheets. VW needs to be smarter when creating saved sets for publishing. There's no way to correct the problem other than saving a new set and deleting an old one. This is half baked and needs to be fixed. I should be able to "update" a set rather than starting again.

KM

Wahoo, part of this wish is granted. VW2018 now let's you "Overwrite an Existing Publish Set". 

Kevin