El Capitan

fabrica

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

When Vectorworks 2016 is released, it will be compatible with all released operating systems at the time of launch, yes. For OSes that are still in prerelease or beta there are no guarantees.

If any OSes are released during the life of a current version of Vectorworks, it will be patched to be compatible in its next one or two SPs normally.

When Vectorworks 2016 is released, it will be compatible with all released operating systems at the time of launch, yes. For OSes that are still in prerelease or beta there are no guarantees.

If any OSes are released during the life of a current version of Vectorworks, it will be patched to be compatible in its next one or two SPs normally.

So depending on whether Vw2016 is released before or after OS X El Capitain 10.11 (on Sept. 30), Vw2015 might not get a SP update?

^ This is sound advice. I upgrade right away because its my job to know whats going to happen, but it make sense to let people like me be the canary in the coal mine and to keep your computer (your moneymaker, the most important tool outside of your skull!) running, even if its a few months out of date, especially if there isnt anything in El Capitan you NEED to have right away.

sooo,

should I time the purchase of my next MacBook Pro to before or after the 30th?

BTW, I was hoping the new OS would continue the nomenclature of early 60's TV Characters and had Gilligan as the name in the pool. I'm not too disappointed, after all The Skipper was the el Captain of the SS Minnow.

Other notable names in the pool:

Kuryakin (as in (Illya Kuryakin) ,

Maxwell (as in Agent 86)

Marshal (as in Marshal Dyan)

and my second fav:

Jed (Uncle Jed Klampet)

If you do it before the 30th, youll probably get Yosemite, I would recommend that since I don't think we will see any Mac hardware bumps before the Os release.

Im still furious they think its ok to use "10.10" and "10.11" as sequential numbers. My math teachers in school would have slapped them.

• 3 weeks later...

I've already seen quite a few bug reports in testing for 2016 and 2015, though I do not think 2014 will be tested at all and if 2014 does have incompatibilities, they will no longer be patched, sp5 was its last.

Vectorworks 2016 software will be patched to be compatible as usual, there are already a number of fixes in the pipe.

2015 is the edge case, if things are fixable before its last service pack, then that SP might be delayed in order to include them, but nothing is certain yet.