imported logo is poor quality

when i import my company logo to create my titleblock on a custom sheet (in plug-ins), it comes in a little fuzzy. and when i set up a project using va setup and attach the titleblock sheet, some of the letters in the logo are filled in. this isn't the case while viewing it on the plug-in sheet. fyi, i am using vw 10.1 on a mac using osx 10.2.4. the logo was created in freehand and i saved it in all formats that vw could import and had the same results each time. should i just try to recreate it in a vw file?

Does the logo print fuzzy as well? Freehand, which I also use, is notorious for crummy looking on-screen display when imported into other applications. It may just be that (hopefully!) One possible fix is to export the Freehand file as an eps, open it in Illustrator, and then re-save it. The file size will usually increase, but often Illustrator will produce sharp on-screen display.

If you created the logo from fonts, and not as a drawing, what you want to do (as a rule for just about anything - not just this situation) is to use the "convert to paths" operation in Freehand before you export it as an eps. You will no longer be able to edit the text sice it will be paths at this point (what Illustrator call outlines) but you won't need fonts, and it can be used by anyone with perfect results