Television Tool Sadness

I am working on a drawing for an upcoming trade show booth. When I try and insert a TV via the Television Tool I get the following message:

"The Symbol you have chosen is not a valid Television model or is incorrect for the Type and Aspect you have chosen. Please select a different model."

I never get the OIP dialog that usually pops up when dropping a new TV symbol.

I tried to insert one into a blank drawing and get the OIP dialog but when I change the model to 47" WS the image prop does not look right. Attached is a JPG of the TV in the blank drawing.

Never had any issues with the Television tool. What am I missing?

After playing with this a bit more there is a bug with the 47" casing model in the television tool. The image prop seems to be the same one used for the 50" model. The problem is in all 3 of the 47" casing models.

I see the exact same thing on my MacBook.

I have never really looked through all the television casing models. Why is there such a dramatic difference in a lot of the casings? For instance, why does the 50" casing appear to be twice as thick as the 60"?

No big deal really. I will just use the 46" model. Close enough for this project.

Jonathan -

Regarding the errors you're seeing, it looks like there is an issue with the Resource file holding your TV models - probably w. the 47" models in-particular. We're letting the appropriate parties know.

Regarding the thicknesses of the models, that has everything to do w. the "real" references used to create them. The 60" is a Sharp LC60 and the 50" is a Panasonic TH-50 - the latter being significantly thicker.

• 4 months later...
Similarly a number of the other plugins just have a red X next to them - screen grab attached. This makes no sense as I've only just updated to 2016 and not added in any additional plugins.

The red Xs mean that your Workspace includes the tools but VW can't find the actual VSO files. You'll need to install the PIOs in 2016 (pretty-much, just copying the VSOs from your old version).

FWIW, I strongly recommend downloading the latest version of SoftGoods 2 and upgrading your old audio and staging tools. While the old versions might still work in 2016, you're missing out on the benefits of staying current.

Simon -

A few questions for you:

- Did you download and install the full package (updated resources included)?

- Did you completely replace all files in the "...Libraries\Defaults\Video Screen" folders?

- If you're taking advantage of User Folders, are you making the above changes there (as opposed to the main application folder(s))?

- Do you get this error with all stock TVs provided in the download package - or, just in specific models (either in custom models you might have created or in our models)?

The error you're getting is triggered when a) the model you're trying to use is missing the "__VS-ModData" record or b) necessary fields in that record are blank. If there is an issue with one of our stock models, we'll get that rectified ASAP. If this is an issue with a custom TV, give

a few minutes to learn how to create custom TVs.