Curtain Wall Help Please - Whitney Museum

Ethan R.

Hello all -

Doing a job at the new Whitney Museum and am trying to recreate their curtain wall.

I'm pretty new to curtain walls - and have not found a good visual guide to the parameters.

Enclosed is a photo.

If anyone would be so kind as to point me towards the correct settings - it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Ethan

Whitney%20%20-%203.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-02%20at%203.46.40%20PM.png

From what I have seen and read, the curtain wall system at the new Whitney Museum lobby looks like it's probably a custom system composed of roughly one-inch diameter steel tension cables (or rods) spaced some distance off the interior and exterior faces of the glazing. The tension cables attach at the floor, ceiling and curtain wall mid-span with custom steel brackets.

As far as what settings to input for the Curtain Wall, under the Frame Parameters I would choose a 'Virtual' frame type to show only the glazing itself. Then I would create 2D/3D Symbols to model the tension cables and brackets separately from the Curtain Wall, located in plan per the existing conditions.

HTH.

From what I have seen and read, the curtain wall system at the new Whitney Museum lobby looks like it's probably a custom system composed of roughly one-inch diameter steel tension cables (or rods) spaced some distance off the interior and exterior faces of the glazing. The tension cables attach at the floor, ceiling and curtain wall mid-span with custom steel brackets.

As far as what settings to input for the Curtain Wall, under the Frame Parameters I would choose a 'Virtual' frame type to show only the glazing itself. Then I would create 2D/3D Symbols to model the tension cables and brackets separately from the Curtain Wall, located in plan per the existing conditions.

HTH.

This facade doesn't seem to have much in common with facades the

VW Curtain Wall Tool creates or is build for.

(I think in Allplan you would use their magic Handrail Tool for)

On the other hand, if it is possible to "fake" your facade with VW's Curtain Wall Tool

in any way -> fine, you could keep the parametrical input.

Maybe two curtain walls, one for the glass panel sizing + sealing and one for the construction.