Image Prop issues with Final Renderworks

AlHanson

I'm having a couple issues with some image props I'm using for table details in a render. The meal settings are a combination of some simple 3D plates and image props around/on them which are a single symbol for each individual setting.

First issue is that some objects are set to auto rotate and do so properly when in OpenGL, but when I do a Final Render they get revert to the plane of the polygon for the Image Prop. See the Wine/Water glasses in the pics.

Second, some of these glasses just disappear when rendering as Final. See the settings around the 5 and 10 o'clock positions. I thought this might just be related to the first problem and merely be a 2D object just not at the right angle to be viewed by the camera, but it persists through rotating around to different angles.

Last, there's a few image props that have transparencies that work just fine in OpenGL but get rendered as a solid white fill in the Final Render. See the knives/spoons.

The rotation and disappearing issues seem to be related to the symbols as when I convert the symbols to groups and then ungroup everything into individual objects they render fine but this creates a hellish amount of objects and doesn't allow me to tweak the layout for all settings easily as a symbol would.

OpenGL Example

ImagePropOpenGL.png

Final Renderworks

ImagePropFinalRenderworks.png

• 1 month later...