Better "full screen" on mac

Benjamin Weill

Question

I am a mac guy. I love most things about macs and much prefer working on them than PCs. That being said, there is one thing about using VectorWorks that, I think, is nicer on the PC platform. That thing is "full screen." Something that's great about the windows version, is that the palletes can "snap" to the edge of the screen, and essentially become part of the border. I find that this makes for a much cleaner and neater work environment than the floating windows of mac. For my personal workspace, I've pretty much set up all of my palletes like that - creating a border on the screen that I can work in the center of - but it's not as clean as the windows version. It also allows for me to accidentally close windows or drag the palletes out of place. The Mac version DOES have a full screen mode, but it only extends the actual drawing window to the edges of the screen. This seems silly to me, because now all of the palletes are on top of, and obscuring the document. It would be great if activating full screen worked more like it does in native apple apps. Photoshop 2015 is another example of how it can work.

Thanks

1 answer to this question