Disappearing Sheet Border

Has anyone had issues with disappearing sheet border/title block on sheet layers? Very often when I attempt to add a new issue or update existing information, it just disappears. The object info palette still shows that there is a sheet border in the selection set but it is nowhere to be found.

This is happening on 3 out of 5 people on our production staff.

• 2 months later...

We are experiencing this same issue periodically on a few of our projects. After days or weeks of work suddenly the regeneration of the Sheet Border object causes it to disappear. We can't do anything with it. We bring in new Title Block Sheet Border Objects from our Template or from other jobs and we can't get it back. We have resolved this by doing a restart but it doesn't always work. We have also returned to a backup file that was saved before this glitch happened. (Our in-house backup system time stamps each backup and allows us to go back to the many different points of development)

All this just started happening about 2 months ago and only on 2 of our 6 stations. Only 4 of these stations regularly manipulate title blocks, however. I think this has occurred on a total of 4 projects.

All stations are running VW2015 SP4.

All stations are 27" iMacs with 16GB or RAM and upgraded graphic cards.

Problems began on OS X 10.8.5. We then upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.5 in anticipation of VW2016. Transition was not a migration but a fresh OS install and then restoration of User Data. Yet, the problem has persisted.

It is rare but its been hitting one of our files seemingly every couple of weeks for a couple of months. I'm close to moving everyone to VW2016 so haven't looked for too hard for a fix assuming it would go away after the VW upgrade.

Joe

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Any update on this issue? I am having sheet border vanish after updating embedded symbols (or other title block symbol edits)...

For this one, make sure to get in touch with support directly, so far all the cases i've seen have been file specific and it wasn't always the same issue causing the same symptoms.

• 5 months later...

I have this ALL THE TIME. And not just with sheet borders. Sometimes symbols I've inserted directly into the sheets disappear after a few days, for no reason, and across ALL sheets.

Seriously. So annoying. This happens all the time and the only way to get them back is to reinsert sheet borders.

Or now in 2016, I can select all items on a sheet, then deselect all except the invisible sheet border, then in the OIP click "edit title block" and then click ok, and it'll magically reappear.

Edited by kongdesignld