3D Floor Plans

Mostly extra contrast, some fake ambient occlusion, the line drawing on top of the rendering, and some effect to give it a little bit of a sketchy feel.

The line drawing: You can do this in VW, but if you want to use the Artistic style of VW the lines can become a sort of pixelated if you lay them on top of a rendered viewport.

Everything done in VW is always better. Maybe we can ask Jim to combine VW en PS ;-)

Edited by Bas Vellekoop
Guest Wes Gardner

Here are a couple, the commercial one has the camera directly overhead and uses perspective, the residential one is just an iso view with the roof turned off and I agree, it gives more of an idea of the spaces (needs to be finished as there still a lot of rooms showing just sub-floor). The third elevation one I just like...

This is all great stuff, you can spend a lot of time trying to figure out these rendering setups.

Wes, the "Hillside EL White" Has a nice quality about it, can show Client the form without necessarily getting into materials.

Is there 2 Viewports to get the exterior lights to render in colour, or how was that achieved.

Regards

Thanks for those tips Altivec. I know what you mean about functions set as a percentage. I found the walls in the pic attached were far to grey even though they are plain white. I knew that other functions allowed for numbers greater than 100% so I typed in 150 and voila. So ya a little deceiving.

Your interior shots look great.

So I've attached a pic of my current efforts. In this case I actually used the Renderworks Style-Realistic Exterior Fast with a couple on tweaks with a slight edge to the objects and a couple of point lights for a bit of shadow for depth.

Let me know what you think.

Guest Wes Gardner

@ Alan - the Hillside rendering was done with a Custom Renderworks setting - turn Colors OFF but leave Textures ON...you can set the quality to be whatever depending on how much time/quality you have. If you use "All Low" it renders in about 30 seconds. In Lighting Options, choose an HDRI background like "HDRI White" (this ships with the program) but create and use a black background, just choose "Create New Background" and choose a single color set it to black. I believe that's all I did, haven't done it for a while so if it doesn't work. let me know and I'll go back to my file.

Edited by Wes Gardner

Good afternoon Wes,

I am having trouble replicating the Hillside EL White

First problem seems to be creating HDRI Black background. I attempted to edit HDRI White to black, but when asked to select a different image no image are selectable (grayed out - JPEG file type) What is VW looking for in an image?

Guest Wes Gardner

@ Rick - you don't need to modify the HDRI background...USE the HDRI White background as is...

CREATE a soild color background (non-HDRI)

Then under VIEW, choose to use the background you created BUT

in the Lighting options, choose the set-up in my post above such that you get the environmental lighting from the HDRI..

So you USE a single color black background just so you get a matt black background but you use the lighting effects from the HDRI...

Edited by Wes Gardner
Guest Wes Gardner

@ David...can't recall exactly, but here's one in 2015...

@ Vincent - As an update to the VB Visual plants...there are 41 additional plants in the VSS libary - I believe they are plug-ins such that you can change time-of-year (fall foliage as opposed to spring, etc.) as well as height...pretty cool, check 'em out!

Wes

Edited by Wes Gardner

Wes

Thank you for the file - it worked perfectly (once I remembered to turn on the class in the viewport ............)

The Occhio range of light fittings are pretty cool.

One other thing tho' - I seem to have acquired a class called Geen, does anyone have any idea what it is or what it does?