Architectural Projection

Is there a specific way to do this within VW15? I have a show I'm building where the Director is having trouble seeing what projecting on the walls will look like. So I'm attempting to show him, however I can't figure out how to project an image from a projector and be able to still show the walls. Currently to do this I am just putting in a 90' wide screen, however I know this director well enough to know he will want to see the actual walls in the drawing.

Is there a way to do this, without having to place an image onto each section of the wall and show the curves and angles?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The best way to do this is to create a Gobo texture and place it in a lighting device. You will have to do some math to convert the lens size to an angle for the lighting device. The link provided by rDesign is a good place to start.

I've attached a file which I found somewhere on the internet (perhaps these message boards) which actually allows you to do pretty much what you're wanting.

Just alter the 'image' texture in the Resource Browser so that the transparency parameter is using the image you want, then play around with the placement of the projector symbol.

I hope this helps you accomplish your goal!