Worksheet Database Query for Callouts

ericjhberg

Question

I've noticed the ability to query multiple fields of a callout into a the database header of a worksheet. One feature that seems to be absent though is a weigh to query the callout's text or, if placed as a keynote, the number/letter associated with it. This would be an extremely helpful tool in constructing quick, easy to edit schedules/legends.

9 answers to this question

Thank you so much Michael! That is a huge time saver for us.

Any ideas on how to query the Keynote number if you are placing the callout as a keynote?

You may remember, we met in Philadelphia this year at the Vectorworks Conference. I am a landscape architect down in Ventura, CA. I hope to make it up to a user group meeting sometime.

Anyway, thanks again!

Hi Eric!

I do remember. One of the many cool things about that conference was being able to meet people who I only knew by screen names.

I think this will work: =('Callout'.'__KeynoteNumber')

I think it's very odd that neither the note number or text fields are exposed to Report > Create Report… (or to Pat Stanford's magic script)

Maybe Jim can shed some light on why.

hth

mk

Michael,

You might want to check you have the most recent version of the script. I don't think I ever changed anything that would effect this, but there have been enough versions I don't remember them all.

In VW2015, bot __KeynoteNumber and Text show up in the list, but they are part of the objects titles NNA_Do_Not_Change. Very hard to see them in the list even when I was specifically looking for them.

Gentlemen,

I am not familiar with this script. Is there a place I could access it? Download?

We are just planning on using the __KeynoteNumber as a sort column and won't be editing it either. We have noticed that editing the 'Callout'.'Text' field that it does break the reference to the database, but for our use, we don't mind.

Thanks again for all the help!