2D objects won't draw at click origin

Hi,

So every once in awhile I have a problem crop up: I'll be working in a document and suddenly when I try to draw in Top View (not Top/Plan) the elements I'm trying to draw originates at an offset to my cursor (see screenshot). This is obviously very, very annoying. In the past I've just restarted VW or my machine and the problem fixed itself. This last time, though, the bug seems to be tied into a file I'm working on and I can't seem to get it to go away. If I have another document open in a different window, I can draw without a problem in it, but when I switch back to the other file (let's call it the "corrupted one") the problem is back.

I'd never noticed a consistent trigger for this problem before, but here are the circumstances around the last instance: I was working on a large-ish file with close to 200 symbols, all with flat image render textures associated (small-ish framed artwork) and I clicked into one of the symbols to edit it. It asked if I'd like to switch to working plane mode and I said no and clicked the "always do this" check box. I rotated the 3D portion of the hybrid symbol 60 degrees on the y axis and exited the symbol. That's when the problem started. If I switch to screen plane mode it goes away, but any drawing in layer plane mode and it's back.

Anyone have any thoughts? I'd really prefer to not have to rebuild the file...

Thanks,

-Chris