ADDING IMAGE TO WALL OR SURFACE

simbob

I have posted about this topic before but it was never resolved and it still does not work correctly. So i thought i'd ask a slightly different question...

Can anyone tell me/suggest why certain images won't apply to certain walls/wall faces?

Explain this: I had a wall object with an full height image added to one face, i wanted to switch the image with another, but the other does not display - on any face. The image is the same (jpg, size) in every respect and have tried other formats. :mad:

I can not get the 'add decal' feature to work on any wall object at all, so i have to just apply the image as a texture across the whole wall or create a 1mm extruded panel over the wall surface and apply the image texture to that.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

What rendering mode were you checking the decal in? It will only appear in Renderworks modes, not OpenGL. (this is likely not the case if you saw it before, but just clarifying.)

After applying the decal, if you attempt to use the Attribute Mapping tool to modify it, what occurs? Do you see the reshape box widget appear on the wall?

Maybe that answers the Decal issue, but the image as texture worked in GL with the original pic but not the new one.

I get a bounding box, but i have previously seen handles that allow you to drag it to a different face - not sure how to invoke these. Problem is in render modes when you click anything it wants to redraw so you then can't do anything until that completes.