brackets in dual dimensions

minotto

Great, thanks for your help Benson.

As pictured here, I'd like to change the comma in the Centimeters dimension to a decimal mark and replace the - before the inches in the feet/inches dimension with a space.

Is there a way to do this?

Edited by minotto

I'm pretty sure the comma or period preference isn't set in VW. I think it's taken from the regional setting on the OS. But I could be wrong about that.

I tried once to change the separator between feet and inches with a script. I think I got it to work in a trivial test file. But, of course, it only worked on a per document basis. I never explored to see what else would be messed up by changing that.

mk

• 2 months later...

Related question, I am using side by side dimensions with feet & inches and [mm]. In the OIP, the settings are identical for each dim, though only one of many dimensions are actually showing the dual dimensions and after an hour of effort, and the loss of more than a few hairs.

It it possible the custom dim was selected when I created it and therefore the only one that can be changed? Can the custom dim become corrupt? If so why is one working and the others not?

It is not my drawing. It's an import from an autocad drawing. I changed one dim, placed it on the dim class rather than the '00- STRAMIEN nummering' class, and then relocated all of the dims to the dimension class. Is the custom dimension somehow tied to the original class? This is a very simple issue that is taking far too long....

Thanks

SOLUTION: Redraw the dimensions. ALL of THEM! They are dims and not grouped lines, but they apparently speak Dutch rather than English! Shall I bill the client? Interesting question..... More often than not the original drawings are woefully inadequate.

Edited by Archipella Studios

If you have not redrawn them all yet, try selecting all the dimension, changing the Dim Std (in the OIP) to something else then changing it back to the custom standard.

Or if there is not a custom standard, create one (in Document Preferences, Dimensions, Click the Custom button) and then assign that to all of the dimensions.