Multiple Space Labels

Guest Wes Gardner

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2016 at 2:59 PM, michaelk said:

In the worksheet enter a number in the sq ft per person column and then run the script.  A new value will appear in the Max Occupancy column and in the space label.

hth

mk

Space Occ per Sq Ft.vwx

A way to do this without the script is to use the Formula Field under "Additional Data". I fill this out to read "=#Gross Area#/#Additional Info 01#", then the space label can call up Occupant Load directly from the Formula field. There's a rounding issue of course. Does anyone know how I'd write this formula to take care of rounding?

Thanks,
Matt

• 5 months later...

I am finding a couple of things frustrating with space labels. I have a file with about 100 rooms so about 100 spaces objects. To set them all to have multiple labels I have to go through the settings dialogue of each one individually to turn on "use mulitple space labels" as this is not an option that can be put on the OIP.

Similarly setting the class of the leader lines is not an option that can be put on the OIP so again I have to got througheach one individually.

Note that neither one of these items comes up on@Pat Stanford's otherwise great script for list all PIO record fields. So these options can't be globally edited through a worksheet either.

This is making the use of the labels quote tedious for me on this project.

On 12/21/2017 at 4:56 PM, Boh said:

I am finding a couple of things frustrating with space labels. I have a file with about 100 rooms so about 100 spaces objects. To set them all to have multiple labels I have to go through the settings dialogue of each one individually to turn on "use mulitple space labels" as this is not an option that can be put on the OIP.

Similarly setting the class of the leader lines is not an option that can be put on the OIP so again I have to got througheach one individually.

Note that neither one of these items comes up on@Pat Stanford's otherwise great script for list all PIO record fields. So these options can't be globally edited through a worksheet either.

This is making the use of the labels quote tedious for me on this project.

This drives me nuts!

On 12/21/2017 at 9:01 PM, Pat Stanford said:

Try using:

'Space'.'MultipleSpaceLables'  Note the misspelling of Labels.  You must use the misspelled version.

I have not found the correct incantation for the leader class yet, but I am still looking.

Pat,

First of all...Happy 2018!

So I tried calling this up in a worksheet, and it didn't work for me. It's a VW2016 file though. Should this black magic work on 2016?

Matt

• 1 year later...
Guest Wes Gardner

Hi All,

Just a quick note regarding this workflow.  Since the release of 2019 and the advent of the Data Tag tool, this issue may go away entirely as the Data Tag tool can be used in place of the Space Label.  The Data Tag can (and should) be used in Annotation space in your viewports and with a little customizing, can look exactly how you need/want it to as well as be located in the appropriate place(s).

Enjoy

Wes 

• JuanP unpinned this topic