VW 10 very slow with visible layer link

I have a file in which a model layer containing a number of objects and a layer link runs extremely slowly when the layer link is visible. It takes several seconds after clicking on an object for its properties to show up in the info palette. It's literally impossible to work with the file in this state.

If I switch the layer link to an invisible class, the problem disappears immediately. When the layer link is visible, it reappears immediately. Layer options set to "Active Only."

In its slow state, the program is using 100% of the CPU when stalled, even if the current operation is simply moving the cursor from one vertex to an adjacent one. This problem is similar to the way a drawing with a great number of snap points used to bog down when moving the cursor across it - but different. In this case, I'm not moving the cursor across more than one point.

VWA 10.1

Win2K

P4 2.0G

768 MB RAM

Pete,

Try setting the Layer Options to SHOW OTHERS whne the layer link is visible rather than Show snap or show snap modify and see if the slowness goes away.

If it does, this is a known issue with snap procedures and is being worked on to be addressed in a future update.

If it doesn't, then send the file to me, please.

Katie