Appearance of unwanted lines in hidden lines.

Hi everyone,

Any suggestions for how to work with a situation like we have at the front wall of this house? I know it's atypical, but we run into similar issues regularly.

In this model, the short wall at the garage and the tall wall with two windows in it next to it are in the same plane. I can’t join them, however, without unjoining the tall wall and the high wall that creates a corner with it. I guess I essentially want two different joins at the end of one wall, depending on its elevation.

Usually I create some sort of patch in the annotation viewport, but when there are lots of shaded hidden line viewports, that gets difficult. Thanks for helping!!

Amelia

VW 2015

P.S. A similar issue with unwanted lines between two objects representing one continuous plane occurs on the low slope roof in the attached image. I'm posting separately about that.

Amelia,

Once you have joined the walls, you have to join the components. VW isn't very smart in this respect and you have to tell it which components should be joined in on place and which components nee dot be joined in a corner.

It will take a bit of practice, but when it works its great.

Regards,

Kevin.