Looking for beta testers for a duct plug-in.

Hi,

I'm looking for some people that are interested in a duct plug-in set and would like to test out our first beta. I'm interested in your opinion and desires for such a plug-in. I don't think I will find many users here but I'll give it a shot anyway.

In return you will be given a discount coupon if you decide to purchase the plug-in later on.

I've made a video showcasing the plug-in in it's current state:

You can respond in here or send me a private message. I will contact you with more info.

Kind regards,

Wouter

Edited by JimW

I'd like to try the beta. One thing that seems to be missing has irritated me about the current VW 15 duct tools ..... it is cumbersome to draw ducts in a vertical fashion, or slope ducts in and out through conflicting structure in a vertical dimension. Does your tool allow vertical drawing of the pathways, using nurbs curves or other 3D pathways ?

I'd like to try the beta. One thing that seems to be missing has irritated me about the current VW 15 duct tools ..... it is cumbersome to draw ducts in a vertical fashion, or slope ducts in and out through conflicting structure in a vertical dimension. Does your tool allow vertical drawing of the pathways, using nurbs curves or other 3D pathways ?

Oops I forgot to show that in the video.

The duct group tool IS a 3D polygon so yes you can do anything you wish in 3 dimensions! The flexible duct is a 3D nurbs which allows any kind of curves in 3D.

I will add it to the video soon.

Edited by hippothamus
Looks very nice! Is it made with the SDK?

You guessed right.

I made the right choice going the C++ way. Although coding has become much more complicated, at the same time it has become much easier.

Object type programming and all the possibilities are just awesome.

Python offers the same (OOP), but is much simpler then C++ in many ways imo... (Though there will still be things that can't be done as they are only in the SDK.)

Thank you all for your interest.

Those that requested will get an activation key to unlock the full features which expires in a couple of weeks. The latest version is available on our website and includes the ducting plug-in set.

If you missed the train don't worry, you can still try out our plug-ins even without any license key. In that case it will run in a limited demo mode.

Kind regards,

Wouter

If someone reports a bug trough a PM I will update this topic. This prevents you all from filing the same issues.

Art V Reported the following bug:

When editing the duct dimensions settings in any unit setting not being mm the shown sizes are not correct. Editing at this point will create new sizes in the wrong units as well. For now it's advised to stay in mm when editing the dimensions in the settings dialog.

We've identified the issue and this will be fixed in the next update.

Edited by hippothamus

Python offers the same (OOP), but is much simpler then C++ in many ways imo... (Though there will still be things that can't be done as they are only in the SDK.)

I have no experience with python.

Do you also have a toolkit with wrapper classes available as in the SDK ?

You can only use all vs calls, but I have begon to create a library that wraps this to program oo and make plugin development much more easier: https://bitbucket.org/dieterdworks/vw-dlibrary/overview

A new version is available at www.hippocode.com/downloads. Those of you testing out make sure you upgrade as it fixes a critical issue with the duct units.

The biggest change is a custom tool for both the drainage and the duct group. Now you can choose the insertionline relative to the object.

• 2 weeks later...

We've had some interesting feedback and most of the requests have made it in this new version 2015.07 available at www.hippocode.com/downloads.

For those testing, the expiration date is moved to the end of august.

The new version also features a new plug-in set Piping for pipe engineering.