Wall Preference Dialog Box...no ok button?

Blissab

Hello,

I have Vectorworks 2015 "Student Version.

I am trying to create various wall styles. I am able to follow through all the steps within the Wall Preferences dialog box and then, when I assign a style name to the wall within the Assign Name dialog box and select ok within, this then sends me back to the Wall Preferences dialog box, where there is simply no ok button to complete the task.

The enter button is of no use.

I am unable to create new wall styles.

Any ideas?

AB

Edited by Blissab

I think you are almost there, yes after you save the style you copse back to same dialogue box then click OK again to close.

Then up top in wall style you should see your new wall style, or click the preferences and your new style will be above the line.

HTH

I am going through the Jonathan Pickup , Vectorworks

Architect tutorial book and I am in the area of creating a new wall style...just a random exterior wall of my own, with random standard exterior wall components.

I have downloaded Vectorworks 2015 and I am using the architect palette.

I am following along the Pickup tutorial, by creating a new exterior wall of my own, as shown in the tutorial book, I list and plug-in all the wall components, thicknesses, classes all other required attributes in the Edit Wall Style and Wall Preference dialog boxes and I then give a name for the new exterior wall in the Assign Name dialog box. I then click ok in the Assign Name dialog box, which brings me back the Wall Preferences dialog box, which simply does not have an ok button to accept and create this random exterior wall. The pickup tutorial book and cd video has this ok button and with this, can create a unique wall style.

I simply cannot create a unique wall style.

That's very strange.

Is the OK button there before you try to name the wall?

What OS are you using?

What country are you in?

Try this as an experiment:

In the resource browser

Click the little triangle to the right of Resources > New Resource in 'Document Title' > Wall Style… > Create a wall style

Does it let you name it from here?

mk

Attached, please see the screenshot of the Wall Preferences dialog box with no ok button to actually create a unique wall type.

I can name all the wall components and create the wall component attributes. Then I can name the new wall type with the Assign Name dialog box and then hit the ok button for this, which brings me back to the Wall Preferences dialog box with no ok button to complete the process.

I am going exactly as suggested within the Jonathan Pick tutorial book and CD videos, which has an ok button to complete the task.

Any ideas?

Edited by Blissab

Sorry I must be missing something but when you create a new wall style you simple Make a style and select "save preferences as wall style" you get a dialogue bos and name it the say ok.

Then your wall style is available in the drop down menue above the line at the top.

Created style Wall 01 New.

HTH

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Thats nuts, there should be no dialog box like that. I am pretty confident that isnt intended behavior, the student version has a few differences (what versions it can export to, exporting watermarked PDFs, things like that) but FUNCTIONALLY it is supposed to be identical to Designer with Renderworks.

Please send that screenshot, your full serial number and an explanation of the issue or a link to this thread to tech@vectorworks.net (DO NOT post serial number info here publicly), we can take a look and see what happened.