Dimensioning

I'm having some issues with dimensions not adding up along the string line.

My model is exact but the string line dimension is 1/2" off from the overall dimension. Is there a way to fix this? I manually went in the Object Info Palette and changed the precision to 'No fraction'. These dimensions need to be exact, otherwise it can mess things up in the field if I don't double check the numbers. I shouldn't have to spend extra time making sure the dimensions are correct. Please let me know if you can help! I would attach the screenshot but I don't see a tab to do that.

Thanks!! Tim

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The most common causes I have seen for this are as Benson mentions above, and in the document Units.

What is the rounding precision set to in that document? If its something relatively large like 1/2" then it may be accumulated rounding causing the difference. This can be tested by simply increasing the precision to something like 1/32" and then checking the dimension chain again, if its still off and nothing to do with the rounding, post that file or a portion of it and I can have a look.

• 2 weeks later...